The STPM10BTR is a specific part number for an energy metering IC (Integrated Circuit) developed by STMicroelectronics. It is designed for energy measurement and power monitoring applications, commonly used in utility meters and energy monitoring systems.
Here are some key features and specifications of the STPM10BTR energy metering IC:
1. Energy Measurement: The STPM10BTR is capable of accurately measuring active, reactive, and apparent energy consumption, making it suitable for various metering and billing applications.
2. Voltage and Current Sensing: It integrates voltage and current sensors, allowing it to measure both parameters accurately.
3. High Accuracy: The IC is designed for high accuracy energy measurement, meeting the stringent requirements of utility-grade applications.
4. Communication Interfaces: The STPM10BTR typically supports various communication interfaces such as SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) or UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) to facilitate data transfer and integration with external systems.
5. Calibration and Compensation: The IC provides features for calibration and compensation to account for variations in component characteristics, temperature, and other factors affecting measurement accuracy.
6. Wide Voltage Range: It operates over a wide voltage range, making it suitable for various power grid systems.
The STPM10BTR energy metering IC is commonly used in a wide range of applications, including:
1. Utility Meters: The IC is widely used in electricity meters for measuring energy consumption in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
2. Energy Management Systems: It is used in energy management systems for real-time monitoring and analysis of power consumption in buildings and industrial facilities.
3. Power Distribution Systems: The IC is used for monitoring power distribution and load management in electrical grids and substations.
4. Renewable Energy Systems: The STPM10BTR can be used in solar inverters and other renewable energy systems for energy measurement and monitoring purposes.